Originally from Akron, Katie is thrilled to bring her unique style of fitness back home. After 2 decades performing in professional dance, she fell in love with mind-body training and founded Fit-Arts studio with her husband in New York City. The birth of her son sparked a special passion for Women’s Health, as well as the desire for a family friendly atmosphere.
Integral to success in the rigorous field of dance, Katie practiced pilates for over 20 years for enhancement and rehabilitation. Throughout her career, Katie strove to mold her physique into a desired aesthetic, while maintaining health. She became curious at a lack of exercise science being applied to dance training. This naturally inspired Katie to study the science of movement: what each body needs to reach its full potential. She thus sought instructor training in her preferred method, STOTT PILATES®. Katie completed over 450 hours of training to become a fully certified STOTT PILATES® and qualified Total Barre™ Instructor through MERRITHEW™. Katie taught for Body Brilliance Studio, and on faculty for Ballet Academy East and Joffrey Ballet School Adult Fitness Programs NYC, before opening her own studio.
See below for other Specialty Trainings and Workshops.
Katie's passionate about using her unique perspective to help clients MOVE, STRETCH, and THRIVE. She would love to be part of your journey!
Connect with Katie on Linkedin for more resumé details.
FUN FACTS: Katie has practiced the Transcendental Meditation® Technique for 25 years and her family has a long history of entrepreneurship in health and wellness. Her great grandfather founded The Hygenic Corporation (Akron, 1930), who originally manufactured dental products and invented the TheraBand™ progressive exercise system (1975) in collaboration with physical therapists.
- Anatomy, Postural Analysis & Programming
- Mat, Reformer, Chair, Cadillac, Barrels
- Injuries & Special Populations
- Barre Certified by Exhale
- HARKNESS CENTER FOR DANCE INJURIES - Principles of Dance Medicine
- Women's Health Specialist (Center for Women's Fitness)
- Pre/Post Natal Health and Exercise Specialist™
- Exercise Through Menopause™
- The Center Method For Diastasis Recti Recovery™
- Support your Floor™ (Pelvic Floor Health)
- Rocking to Release™ (Myofascial Release)